Monday, December 29, 2008

Picked it up...

Last week I picked up a motorcycle that my dad gave me last year. It is a 1973 Triumph 750 Tiger that was built in England. My father purchased the bike from a couple in Arkansas whose son did not return home from Vietnam. Although I don't have any idea who the bike originally belonged to, I find it a fitting tribute to rebuild the bike both for my dad and the original owner that gave his life for his country.

The bike is in pretty rough shape because it has been stored outside for the last several years. The motor is completely locked up, so I cut the chain so I could at least move it in and out of the garage. I have decided to build a motorcycle lift table so I don't have to spend a lot of time hunched over, and this should facilitate the rebuild process much easier. I plan to restore the bike to original specs as much as possible. I know for sure that I will upgrade the electrical system and any other safety items. This bike holds a special place for me, and I am very excited to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment