Sunday, January 18, 2009

swing arm blues...


Made a lot of progress over the last couple of weeks. The engine and gearbox is partially taken apart. My repair manual came in this week; I was very excited to have it because I was at the point where I didn't want to mess with anything for fear of messing something up. There are a couple of special tools that are required for certain jobs, and I wish I had taken the time to research and acquire some of them. The clutch assembly has one such special tool that I wish I had to remove the assembly off the taper. I ended up damaging the outer clutch cover and the clutch pushrod because I used the alternative method (in the repair manual). I removed the rear wheel assembly today and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was. I am really looking forward to stripping the rest of the engine and gearbox so that I can remove them completely in order to get the frame and other painted components powder coated. The only problem I am having so far is the lack of a few tools such as an some larger 6 point sockets (1 1/8) and some snap ring pliers. Hopefully I'll have a chance to continue some more on it over the holiday tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment